Sunday 18 March 2012

With a little bit of Folk and Soul.



Hello again.


As I sit here- enjoying a well deserved glass of wine after a long, gruelling day of shopping- I’ve once again managed to stumble across an artist who has been hovering on the periphery of my musical tastes for the last couple of months- unsurprising really, considering she recently toured with one of my favourite bands, the magnificent Bon Iver. I'm talking, of course, about the enchanting Lianne La Havas. The savvy few of you out there who may have already spied her on Later……With Jools Holland will already be aware of just how amazing a singer and songwriter she is. Nominated as one of the artists for the BBC'S Sound of 2012, Lianne La Havas is definitely someone who we'll all be hearing tonnes of over the next few months.  Especially since her album will be released on July 12th! Until then though, here's a wee bit of her music to get you interested.



Luckily enough for me, Lianne will be coming to Glasgow on May 6th and- as you may have guessed- I will be attending that particular gig. She will also be touring all over the rest of the UK and if you find yourself wanting  to find out the rest of her tour dates, you can check out her official site: http://www.liannelahavas.com/


Oh, and I think I forgot to mention how much I want to steal her dress for myself! ....And maybe even her hair too? On top of probably being the next musical sensation of the year, I'm also betting that she becomes one of the latest style sensations too! It wouldn't surprise me one wee bit.


Anyway, Goodbye again!
Love, V <3

No comments:

Post a Comment